Monday, October 18, 2010

Quick, before it's taken down- Scream 4 Trailer


This is the leaked trailer for Scream 4, and I want you to know two things- one: the FBI will be at my door any minute to arrest me for posting pirated copyright and two: the T-shirt came today. Picture soon to follow.
Quick review of the trailer- all in all, exactly what I hoped it wouldn't be- lame. It's a fairly lame trailer, but that is also for you to decide. It'll most likely be a decent movie, but the likelihood that it'll blow is also fairly decent. The trailer is supposed to be a teaser, and in that regard it is a bad teaser. It shows you far too much. Trailers are like women hitchhiking. Show a little skin, and the truck driver will pick you up, but show too much, and the driver will see that you're a tranny and pass you right up. It's a delicate, forgotten art, trailers. Good teasers are very hard to come by, and they almost always precede a movie that fairs well at the BO, and I'd like to think that at least half of that money came from dedicated movie-goers like yourself, who take the time to appreciate good marketing. Not to say Scream 4 doesn't have a good marketing plan, because it does. This movie doesn't even need a trailer- it'll break the piggy bank no matter what. And don't get me wrong, I respect that. I respect Wes Craven- I think he's a visionary who not only exemplifies the genre he is famous for, but takes the time to exploit it; a director who can represent a genre and at the same time put a rubber nose on it is a force to be reckoned with. Craven knows what he's doing- he always has, and I expect Scream 4 to live up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment